
This beautiful seed necklace was found in a thrift store. I paid about 29 cents for it and at that moment considered myself the luckiest person in the world. Someone had passed it on to me so that it could be adored. I have no idea where it was made but I recognise the seeds: Job's tears, nickernuts, some kind of Leucaena seed and devil's claw (Martynia annua).
And my lovely model? I found her in a store on Frederick Street in Port of Spain many years ago. That store is no longer at the same location and maybe no longer exists. Still I must thank them for bringing this gentle soul to me.
2 comments:
I love this picture and you are so lucky to have that beautiful model! Wow!
hugs,
lab
Sorry, Lesley, I've been absent from the blog for a while. Thanks for your comment. You see her the way I do. Every time I look at her I am comforted. She seems alive to me. Recently, I removed the glasses and I swear that she now has a slight squint!
Post a Comment